Crystal Purity has more than 25 years of office cleaning experience, working with multinational companies as well as smaller independent businesses.
What To Include in Your Post Construction Cleaning Checklist?
Your post-construction cleaning checklist should cover every part of the building. It should serve as a guide to help workers inspect all aspects of the build, from floors, windows and ceilings to the exterior and removal of debris and debris. Here's what to include:
Entrances & Exits
All doors leading into the building must be checked and cleaned. It's the first thing a new owner notices when they enter the house.
- Street lighting from dust
- Make sure all lights are working
- Wipe the windows
- Cleaning doors, door frames and door handles
- Sweep porches
The living rooms and common areas should be clear, clean, well-lit, and free of debris. All evidence that you were there working should be removed.
- Floors are swept and vacuumed/mopped
- All lights are working and free of dust
- Doorknobs and light switches are clean
- Windows, window sills, and window tracks are cleaned and dusted
- No evidence of paint drops on the floors or scuff marks on the walls
- Trash removed
- Doors and doorframes cleaned
Kitchens can be complicated spaces, filled with crevices and spaces that often get overlooked. Part of completing a construction project is making sure the kitchen area is clean and everything is in working order.
- Dust all shelves and counters
- Clean inside appliances
- Clean inside cabinets and drawers
- Make sure all cabinet hardware is clean and secure
- Sweep and vacuum/mop floors
- Clean windows, window sills and window tracks
- Remove trash
- Clean sink and backsplash
- Wipe down all fixtures and finishes
Post Construction Cleaning Checklist (continuation)
Although they’re usually one of the smallest rooms in a home, bathrooms must be clean and in working order by the end of a construction project.
- Sink, tub, shower are clean and sanitized
- Toilet is sanitized
- Mirrors, cabinets, and counters are wiped down
- Floors are swept and vacuumed/mopped
- Inside cabinets and drawers are cleaned
- Windows, baseboards, light fixtures, doorknobs and doorframes are cleaned
- Trash is removed
Removing trash, dusting light fixtures, and ensuring the floor, walls, and windows are clean is vital in a clean and complete bedroom area. Some other things to look out for when inspecting a bedroom area include:
- Cleaning inside closets
- Dusting light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Wiping down baseboards
- Dusting built-in shelving units
- Dusting grates and vents
- Removing paint from hinges
Outdoor Spaces/ Landscaping
The final step of your post-construction cleaning checklist should include a careful analysis of the exterior of the property. This means checking to make sure all packaging, tape, plastic, and other signs of construction are taken away from the property and disposed of properly.
- Remove all trash from the premises
- Sweep/power wash the walkways
- Sweep all porches, decks, and patios
- Clean garage door and mailbox
A post-construction cleaning checklist is a detailed document that classifies the various areas of a construction site to be cleaned. This helps workers walk through each space and identify any cleanup tasks that need to be completed before the project can be considered complete.
Looking for a company you can trust with Post Construction Cleaning?
Crystal Purity - (352) 547-0602 your reliable partner in the post-construction cleaning market!
- The Best Professional Deep Cleaning Company April 8, 2023
- Choose The Right Deep Cleaning Company April 7, 2023
- Common Deep Cleaning Mistakes April 7, 2023
- Deep Cleaning Plan April 7, 2023
- Price Of Deep Cleaning April 7, 2023
- Deep Cleaning Step By Step Guide April 7, 2023
- Deep Cleaning – What Should Be included March 6, 2023
- Deep Cleaning – Main Points March 5, 2023